Tuesday 6 May 2014

M4 Tour

What a fantastic weekend! So, I kidnapped a 15-year-old from Trey's youth group and hauled her off to Burnley, by train, for a weekend of local missions with others from Pais GB and Life Church. The purpose of the weekend was two-fold--to serve the community through the love of Jesus and to bring young people along to serve with us, giving them the opportunity to experience something new & different in ministry.

What we did last weekend was LOVE on the community. We spent time with them, talked with them, ate with them, played games with them, painted some faces, pampered some ladies from a refuge centre, gave free things away in the town centre, made them laugh (Thank you Mark Ritchie), and shared the Gospel with them. It was such a blessing to be able to serve in this way!
Steph (Pais, from Texas) and some of our young friends painting faces.
Painting faces and playing games
Meeting new people and making friends
Hanging out
Elena (Pais, from UK), a true youth worker, leading our young people in a game
Tuck shop at Fun Day
My friend Julia (Pais, from Germany) who leads the Clitheroe team making bracelets with the girls.
Rieke (Pais, from Germany) and Elena (Pais, from UK) manning the competitions table
Toddler area at the Fun Day
Naomi manning the ever-so-popular bouncy castle

Becky, my friend and future Assistant Team Leader, painting faces
("Future Assistant Team Leader?" you say? Yep! More about my exciting news in the days ahead. So check back!)
Free BBQ! That's probably mostly what drew the 400 people to Fun Day
Funny story. So, this is my friend Ellie (Pais, from UK) who is on the Blackburn/Accrington team. At one point during Fun Day I went inside to go to the bathroom, and I passed her babysitting this dog as I walked in. When I came out, however, this is what I found:
How did that even happen??
Samara chatting with some of our young people.
My beautiful friend trying to dodge the camera, as she did most of the weekend.
Felix and Simeon (Pais, both from Germany) chatting with some of the young guys who came with us for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment