Saturday 8 February 2014

God of this City

I was just thinking...

I love that I am in Southport. I love that over the summer I was able to say to the Lord, "Put me anywhere. Put me in the best place for me. Put me where You want me." He enabled me to surrender control of my life to Him and allow Him to place me where He wanted me. And there was a lot of prayer that went into it all. I prayed (a lot!). My family prayed. My friends prayed. Pais prayed. And the leaders of my (3) churches here in Southport prayed. I can't tell you how many times I have been told that my presence here is an answer to prayer.

God has been so gracious in putting me back in the UK and I truly believe He has put me here at such a time as this, with these amazing people I work with everyday, with my host family, with my church leaders, with the young people I encounter weekly, with the congregations of Southport. We are all here for a purpose--it is no accident, it is no coincidence, and God has great things planned for us and for this city!

God of This City, by Chris Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment