Friday 11 July 2014

Weekly Wrap 15

Well, leadership training is over. That was a long week but a really great one! I spent 5 days with my fellow 2014-2015 Pais GB team leaders, learning more about leadership and specifically how to lead a Pais team. I also got to spend more time with Becky, my assistant team leader, Luke, my Hub Leader (one of my bosses), and James, who will be leading the other team in the West Midlands Hub. I'm really excited and encouraged about the work we will do next year and am more aware that what we are doing is not a small thing and it should not be taken lightly.

We have a huge opportunity to bring about change in the lives of the people we meet, especially the young people, and it is up to us to make the most of that opportunity! Just driving around Burnley this week to and from the conference, everywhere I looked I saw Muslims--Muslim kids walking to school, teenage girls wearing the hijab, Muslim women at bus stations and coming out of local shops, Muslim men driving around town. And Walsall is no different. Honestly, I was so encouraged to see them all over the place, because you know, Jesus said the Harvest is plentiful and He was right. The Muslim community is a huge part of the Harvest in northern England, these men, women and children who don't know a loving Father or a gracious Savior. And He is getting ready to do something here! He is raising up laborers after His heart, who will serve out of love for Him, and who will take the love that they have received from Him and make it known to them. Be praying for the Muslims in the UK; they are about to get hit with the overwhelming and endless love of the Man who gave His life so that He could have their hearts forever. Amen and glory be to God who alone does wondrous things, but who invites us to partner with Him in that. What a privilege!

No comments:

Post a Comment