Monday 11 April 2016

Revelation

I had a revelation today. At least, I think it was today. I know part of it was born yesterday, but I think it really actually came today. But I'll start at the beginning. Well, not really the beginning because if I think about it for a minute, the 'beginning' really goes back to The Beginning, and I don't have time for all of that. Neither do you. So I'll start with yesterday.

Yesterday I was journaling and worshiping and chilling with Jon Thurlow when God encountered me quite unexpectedly. Twice. The first encounter was a wave of His love as Abba, which was amazing. But the second one really caught me off guard. 

A year ago I would have told you (and did tell some people) that there was one thing I was absolutely terrified of. If I could imagine God asking me to do the scariest thing in the world, this thing would be it. I don't often think about it; it's not something I focus on, as you can imagine. Yesterday, though, I believe God told me that that one thing I was so afraid of, that's what He has planned for me. 

Of course it is. Isn't that always the way?

You know what, though? I'm not scared anymore. I'm actually somewhat excited and a little bit curious, even though I know that this thing will be difficult for me. It will frustrate me and challenge me, and there might even be tears. But I've decided that I want to live my life on adventure and adventure for me means trusting God and leaving the comfort zone behind. This thing will certainly do that for me. It's fine, I don't like being comfortable for too long anyway. I want to do what God calls me to do and go where God calls me to go, no matter what. I want to say 'Yes.'

What is really cool though is that as I look back over the last year, I can see God has begun preparing me for this thing in certain ways that combine, a bit like puzzle pieces, to form a bigger picture. I like that. 

I'm sorry I can't tell you what this thing is. It won't be for a while; it's quite a ways down the road, and you'll find out eventually. Promise.

As for the revelation I had today, which is different from what God said He has planned for me, well, actually, I can't tell you that right now either. It's quite a massive thing and I'm still thinking about it. I'm pretty positive it will essentially be the premise of my first international best-selling book. So, I won't share it here yet (something for you to look forward to though!).

However, it is the revelation that He gave me that has enabled me to say 'Yes' to Him and His plans for me. And I know that no matter what He calls me to in the future, this revelation will help sustain me and enable me to continue to say 'Yes' to Him, whatever the situation, whatever the circumstance, no matter how scared I might be at the prospect of what He has just asked of me.  And I know, as long as He is in it and as long as He goes with me, it's going to be glorious.

Questions for you: I've often found that what we're most afraid of is what God is actually wanting to invite us into. Is there something you're afraid of doing? If God asked you to do that, what would you need in order to say 'Yes' to Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment