Wednesday 16 September 2015

We're Baaaaaaaack!!!

Well, we have FINALLY finished two weeks of Foundational Training with Pais GB in Burnley where we spent some intense quality time with all the other teams from around the country, learning about schools and youth work and being invested in and challenged by the national directors. This was my third time through training in the past year and a half, so by this point I was thankfully able to sit and listen, make notes where I needed to and relax a bit more than usual. I also was so blessed to get to stay with some beautiful friends in Burnley who allowed me and my air mattress a space on their floor. Showering daily and use of the laundry facilities was not a privilege enjoyed by all, but I certainly did appreciate it!



Today was the first day for Pais Walsall in school! I know my team is more than ready to get stuck in to the work, and for me, I was quite happy to be back. I missed my school and my kids!! I definitely got more hugs this morning than I anticipated and there were many smiles upon seeing my lovely self back in the school. It was great!

This weekend my team and I are off to Warwick to help our fellow Pais team with their Weekender, which is their opportunity to invite young people to a weekend conference to help them get to know God better. The amazing Dan Randall and Paul Faulkner are both scheduled to speak and I am so excited to hear the word of the Lord that they are both going to bring. (If you don't know who they are feel free to stalk them on FB! They are Pais legends!) In addition, my Walsall home is currently under construction as Ruth is having a new kitchen put in! It's so exciting but it currently looks like this:


And there's no sink! Hopefully by the time I return on Saturday some progress will have been made!

A makeshift kitchen has been set up in the living room...I suppose the nice thing about that is not having to walk so far to get food... :)



PS You guys are in my heart forever! <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment