Thursday 15 October 2015

Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This

Today is one of those days. I'm not even really sure how to describe it. It's the day when I realize my efforts have been in vain and every attempt over the last few days and weeks to hold everything together has fantastically fallen to pieces. Trying to put a band-aid on the gaping head wound has proven futile and now it's time for surgery. Do you know what I'm saying? Can you relate with me at all?

I'm not going to lie, my life has been stressful for the past...oh, 5 weeks.  Things have not gone as I have planned. People have not responded as I thought they would. Expectations have been frustrated and therefore, so have I.

And on top of that, to make it even worse, the enemy hits. Lies and discouragement provoke me and despair lurks around the corner, telling me that everything I believe God is and has said is a lie. I'm tired. I'm a bit overworked. I'm frustrated. So he thinks he has a chance. He thinks this is prime time to tempt me to disbelieve. But unlike every other time before this (seriously, I don't think I've ever withstood it before), I refuse to give in. I refuse to believe the lies he tells me. I refuse to listen. And instead, I speak the word of God over my life. I thank Him for who He is and what He has done. I thank Him for His goodness and faithfulness, for His power and sovereignty, for His kindness and care and attention to the details of my life. I thank Him that He is fighting for me and He is supporting me and giving me grace for my situations. I thank Him for being such a Good Shepherd and such an excellent leader. And I find myself encouraged. Interesting how that works, no?

If you are feeling discouraged as well, please don't give in. Speak the truth of God over yourself--it's so powerful! And choose to believe in His goodness, sovereignty and love!

Have a listen to this! Strength of My Heart by Rend Collective. If you're not encouraged by the end, listen again!


No comments:

Post a Comment