Saturday 9 February 2013

Let the adventure continue!

Wait, what adventure? Is this an adventure? Day by day, this life doesn't seem so 'adventurous.' Nothing like you see in movies like Seven Years in Tibet or Eat Pray Love where people dare to go off to strange lands and experience new and different things. Sometimes they have a hard time of it, other times it seems they've found home, but it's always so inspirational(?) watching people completely change their lives in a matter of a few hours. But I'm coming to realize that life doesn't really work like that. I've lived in England now for 7 months, and I love it. I could stay here forever (and I just might, if I can figure out how!) but my life is not at all like a movie. I have my day-in, day-out, weekly routine. I have work I have to do. I have friends I enjoy. Although it's very much like a bubble, in some aspects it's not far different from 'normal' life. Perhaps it's over the years that the adventure happens; after all, it is called Seven YEARS in Tibet (can you imagine?). And how long did it take Julia Roberts to hit Italy, India & Indonesia? I don't remember, I didn't really enjoy the film and haven't read the book. But I'm thinking, adventure takes time. How long, I don't know. What I do know is that I'm willing to invest the time. It's worth it to me, this grand expedition I'm on. Where it will take me in this world, I have no idea. I just know two things: It's going to be good and my hair will still be frizzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment